Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Favorites, Fantasy Art & A Funny...

It's Friday! And it's September.

I know, 'Thank you, Captain Obvious'! It's my job, I'm good at it.

So let's see what we have for you on this fine eve of the glorious Weekend...

Favorite Books/Authors:

I'm gonna go with creepy. It is getting close to Halloween after all. I think one of my favorite books that scared the pee outta me (aside from 'Pet Semetary') was 'Ghost Story' by Peter Straub. Excellent book! Gave me nightmares for weeks. 'Pet Semetary' surpassed that by far because I never could walk near a graveyard at night. Even when I lived by one. I never could understand how people could LIVE across the street from it...

But I digress!

I also liked when King and Straub teamed up to write 'The Talisman'. Another good book.

Favorite Movies:

If we're going creepy, I am going to pick out 'The Exorcist III'. Great movie made memorable by watching it with my brother. One of those days where the sibs (siblings) got to hang out and watch a scary movie at the cheap seats. If it is one thing I can count on my brother for, it is good movies. And music. And... hehe!

Favorite Music:

I admit, at one point in my life I listened to King Diamond. Creepy, scary stuff. I was just a heavy metal kind of girl. It was my preferred choice of music at a certain age. Everyone went through it. I don't think I would ever listen to his music today, but it was a favorite at one point.

Fantasy Art:

Thank goodness it wasn't one of those sparkly things. But I do like it.


And the Funny!


Heheee! Have an awesome weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Best scene in Exorcist III was the woman with the giant sheers. My wife jumped completely out of her seat.

Mel Chesley said...

Heck yeah! That was an awesome scene. Good movie, too. :D

Unknown said...

I've only seen the original exorcist movie; kinda made me laugh (I'm a little desensitized).

Good thinking getting your creep on; I'll have to find me a horror novel for Hallowe'en to read :)