Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Talk Me Down, Scoob...


Well, I think I have been putting too much pressure on myself trying to keep up with posts. I have very few ideas these days, so I think if I just try to manage at least one post a week, I can be good with that.

I'm also going to try and write down some topics and if I happen to write more than one blog post a week, right on. If not, no worries. Right?

Absolutely!

I've been hanging out on the sidelines, silently cheering you all on for the April A-Z Blog challenge. I'm liking the posts! But wow, what a reading list! It grew, just like Alex's Insecure Writer's Support Group.

Which I missed... doh!

So I suppose this will be my little make-up post. Talking about the pressures we put upon ourselves as writers. It doesn't help, it hinders. It saps the creativity right outta you and then you feel more pressure because you can't come up with a good topic and start to panic and fear that if you don't get something up on the website for the love of GOD! you'll lose followers!!!! GAH!!!

::breathes slowly::

So yeah, that's how it's been on my side of the computer screen most of the time.

It's all good, though. I know everyone understands how life gets in the way and I am certainly NOT Organized Girl. I do live with Captain Obvious, though...

I am more like Its All A Mess, But An Organized Mess Girl. Sort of. My sidekick is Gamer Chick or something...

All right, hope you all have a great week and I'll see you all soon!

5 comments:

Jennie Bennett said...

Oh My Gosh, this is exactly how I feel. And I've only been posting about once a week too. you can only do what you can do! Just hang in there and everything will come together :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think you just covered your IWSG post!
Once a week is good if it works for you. I normally only do three times a week because any more and I can't keep up. (We won't even talk about the insanity of the A to Z right now. I swear I dreamed about blogging last night!)

Angela Brown said...

I didn't do a IWSG post this month since I've focused on my blog opera between my Cleanser and Harvestor.

But I can say this, I follow at least one blog that only posts once a week. I'm a faithful follower and it's just fine. Being a one-post-a-week blog is a-okay.

Mel Chesley said...

Lol! I figured this would make a good IWSG post, even if it was too late.
I can't believe (well, I can) that you dreamed about blogging, lol!

Thanks guys, you're the best support. ;)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I have discovered that the A to Z challenge has been a great source of inspiration for my blogging. Just having that prompt every day that tells you what letter to write and then limiting your mind to coming up with words that go with that letter seems to help out quite a bit. I would definitely recommend that you try it the next time around.