Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Favorites, Fantasy Art & A Funny...

Friday... ooooh Friday. I'm supposed to have these revisions done and sent out to my Betas again. I can do it. Won't take too awful long, I'll just let them find my errors.

Kidding! Okay, maybe not so much.

Anyway, it is Friday, so here you go!
Favorite author/books:

Don't know why I forgot all about Dan Brown. It wasn't until I was posting something somewhere about him that I thought... duh, how could I forget him? I love The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. Those two books rocked. I have yet to read anything else from him at the moment. My TBR pile is about to topple over and bury the cats.
I watched both of the movies and loved them as well, but as usual, the books were better.

Favorite movies:

Gran Turino. One of THE best Clint Eastwood movies I have ever seen. I love that movie and if you haven't seen it yet... WHAT is wrong with you?? I could watch it over and over again. I haven't seen much of the early Clint Eastwood stuff like Outlaw Josey Wales or Every Which Way. I have seen most of his movies and my other favorite is Unforgiven. That was a decent movie, but Gran Turino surpasses it by far.

Favorite music:

I'm torn on which of the two I should mention today. Faun or Nightwish. I absolutely love them both equally and when asked to choose on Twitter, I failed epically. Back when I had published with Publish America (don't take my word, look here and here and here) I wanted to do an audio book. Still do. I sent a message to Faun and asked if I could use their music in the background and they sent me a letter with permission. I'll have to ask again. Nightwish is just as good, in my opinion, even if different styles of music. I have a friend over in Germany who got me into Nightwish. Thanks Natalie!

Fantasy art:

This is quickly becoming my favorite. I use just the face for most of my avatars around the web now, but give her black curly hair and green eyes and she'd be my Kayta. :D

Now the Funny:

Ha ha! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Like the last photo. And Nightwish is cool - huge popular in Europe.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

who is the artist?

Laila Knight said...

Ah, good kitty. I love the art. I also read both those books and enjoyed them. Ditton on the movies. Besides, Clint Eastwood is one of my faves. :)

Mel Chesley said...

Mac~ This is the link where I originally found it. Just says "Image Shack".

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/warriorfemale.jpg/sr=1