Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Recuperation...

I guess the one thing I hate most about surgery is the recuperation period. I'm chomping at the bit to get out of the house, to start revising and editing again and to get back to my book reviews.

I've got a book lined up to read. Elf Killers by Carol Marrs Phipps and Tom Phipps. As soon as I get done, I have to get back to reading for My Chaotic Ramblings. And of course, get back to my own book.

I'm two weeks post-op and doing well. Like I said, I can't stand the recuperation period, but I am still quite happy with the surgery. I actually made dinner last night, but that sort of wiped me out, so I am taking it easy today.

Mostly, I just want to sleep in my own bed. Hurry up and heal, body!

I missed last Friday's post, so I will schedule one for this Friday. I'm sort of liking my little weekly fun post.

Hope you all have a great week and I will see you soon!

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hey Mel! Good to hear from you. Just don't rush it.

Mel Chesley said...

Alex! Hi. :D
I'm not rushing it, I promise. I had a horrible bout of coughing when I got home and realized it was a side effect of my stupid blood pressure medication. So I stopped taking it, got a different script and haven't had a problem since. But since I have stopped coughing, I'm doing MUCH better.

Jamie Gibbs said...

Hope the recuperation period doesn't last too long and you'll be up and about in no time. At least it gives you more time to get stuck into some awesome books :D