Friday, June 4, 2010

Recuperation...

So I got back from Anchorage late, late Thursday. Well, technically it was early. 5:30 in the morning kind of early. Cheri knows all about that, don't you Cheri.

Yesterday was rainy, but that's okay, because the sun is out today. That is all that matters. Let it rain while we sleep and have the sunshine while we're active.

Not sure how much writing will get done but I will keep everyone posted and keep working towards my goal of the end of August to have Legend of Black Rose revised and completed. Woohoo! Then I get to start sending out queries.

Let the rejection begin! Ha ha!

Hope everyone has had a great week and hope you all have a great weekend as well.

8 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Pleased you are back safely , best of luck with your writing.

Have a relaxing week-end.

Yvonne.

Al said...

Sounds like you're on a roll!

Anonymous said...

aww my comment disappeared. here it is again :o)

I love the look of your blog. wow!!

good luck with your writing and I love the name of it. I'm so behind in blogging at the moment. Trying to catch up hehe

Cheri Chesley said...

As a matter of fact, I DO know how early that is, thanks. lol

It's all part of my evil plan to take over the world, actually. Now instead of falling back into bed because I've got kids to haul to school, I'm going to spend those 2 hrs writing while everyone else sleeps. **insert evil laugh here**

So glad your son, your mom and the cat made it all in one piece! Enjoy them :)

linda said...

I left Alaska 13 years ago...came home to Oregon. I lived in Homer for 7 years, i miss it some days.
I like your blog, very well done.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're back, Mel - missed your wit.

Ella said...

Happy you are home; Oh, how I wish
I could visit Anchorage again, I really loved it! I am excited for you! Keep at it~

Mel Chesley said...

Thanks for the compliments on the blog, everyone. Cheri should take most of the credit, as she found it for me. I'm such a pirate!

And yes, it's been really beautiful here the past week or so. intermittent rain for the most part, but this winter certainly has made me thankful for the nice days. :D